When you Sell Your 🏠HOME! What Types Of 💡 Info Should you leave for the Buyer? What do I do next? Some of these helpful tips can be found on our
Think Spring And Think Home Maintenance
Doing these simple and inexpensive tasks will save you money down the road. Not to mention it will keep your home looking great and keep your home value from falling.
1) Gutters & Downspouts: Clean leaves and debris from gutters and make sure downspouts are attached properly and have proper drainage. You can run hose on the roof to check for leaks or backups and fill cracks with epoxy and clean downs as needed.
2) Siding: Always a good idea to have siding pressure washed to keep mold from growing. Paint as needed. Cracked or peeling paint needs to be scraped (make sure to clean up the chips) and repainted.
3) Exterior Caulking: Check for any deteriorating areas and replace as needed. Make sure to seal any cracks that would allow water, dirt, or pests to enter into.
4) Window Sills, Door Sills, Thresholds: Fill cracks, caulk edges, repaint or replace as needed.
5) Window and Door Screens: Check for holes, anything bigger than a dime allows bugs to come in. Patch holes or repair screens.
6) Hot Water Heater: Drain tank. Check to make sure exhaust pipe in place and secure. Make sure no leaks around water line joints.
7) Furnace/AC: Have serviced*. Change filter. Clean outside AC unit.
8) Roof: Inspect for any loose shingles, clean roof of debris, have roof cleaned of any moss.
9) Foundation/Chimney: Check for loose mortar and have sealed to prevent moisture from entering
10) Decks/Porches: Check for deterioration and loose rails and repair as needed. Decks should be sealed every 4-6 years.
11) Landscape: Time to clean up flower beds and trim back shrubs. Curb appeal goes a long way.
12) Smoke/CO2 Detectors: If you can't remember when you last changed batteries in the units, chances are they need replaced.
*HAAS Heating & Cooling (330) 844-9303
I have a background in construction and a BA in Marketing. I have done just about every part of building a house. As a buyer, I can help you recognize what to look for in your dream home and things ....
Latest Blog Posts
Here is a handy📝 checklist of what you should be👀 looking at for Buyer/Seller🏠 Inspections! This is just a guide! Should not replace a home🏠 inspection! This is a